Initially discarded due to an injured toe, he found himself alone in Ireland. Thankfully, he was saved by an Irish rescue and made the journey to us in search of his forever home. He waited ages and finally found a home, but circumstances made it difficult for his dad to keep him, so back he came.
He is a very handsome lad, and so loving - he really is so wonderful and gentle with so much to give.
George has a wishlist -
1. Very important! A home with another hound or two.
2. Someone who can continue with my lead training and worries around other dogs when out and about. I don't want to hurt them. I just get very anxious, but my foster mum is brilliant and helping me learn that when I see other dogs out, it's a really good thing, because I get some lovely treats.
3. Someone who likes cuddles.
4. I can be a bit worried in a new home and did cry at first at night with my foster mum.. so someone who can understand that it is just all quite strange and unsettling for me but I do get the hang of it and it hasn't taken me long to feel much better about it.
5. I definitely can't be trusted around cats. Sorry!
In foster in Herts.
UPDATE 21 MARCH 2020 - Due to the current COVID 19 Pandemic we feel it is only right that we suspend all adoptions until the danger is over. All our dogs are in foster homes and we cannot risk any of our foster homes possibly becoming ill through exposure to visitors.
Just as soon as we are able to we will once again be homing and ask you all to be patient during this most trying of times.
If you would like to give George a new home, please contact the rescue on and ask for Laurie or send an email using the form if available.
Please use the form to send a message directly to the rescue.